This is likely in various formats all over the web, but I use this often enough I’m putting it here for my own use. Feel free to use it and let me know how it works.
How to make one-click drive mappings on the mac
1) I started by modifying an Applescript file that a buddy sent me. Mine looks something like this. You’ll have to fill in the italicized stuff:
tell application "Finder" mount volume "smb://servername.domain.blah/volumename/username" end tell
(* tell application "Finder" to open "username" *)
tell application "Finder" mount volume "smb://servername.domain.blah/volumename/directoryname" end tell (* tell application "Finder" to open "directoryname" *)
2) I copied the text of the script into my clipboard.
3) I then opened up Automator, selected Custom Workflow, and navigated to Utilities–>Run Applescript
4) I pasted the contents of my Applescript into that window, then hit the Compile button.
5) I chose Save As, and in the File Format dropdown I selected Application.
6) From there, I just saved the app file somewhere safe (made a folder off the root drive, rather than keeping the script right on my desktop) and then dragged it to my Dock. The first time I mapped the drive I saved my username and password to the keychain, and I’m all setup with one-click drive mappings.